Davenham Junior Football Club are proud to be an F.A. 2 Star Accredited Club with pathways for male and female junior players from the ages of 5 to 18.
To become FA accredited we have to meet certain criteria, this criteria form the basis of everything we do at club level to provide a solid and safe platform for your child to enjoy their football to the fullest.
- Offer a minimum of one team at any age group for male or female or disability playing in an FA sanctioned competition.
- Have in-date FA Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Checks (DBS) for all relevant officials.
- Have a Welfare Officer for Youth Clubs (male, female and disability).
- Safeguarding Committee Members course completed by Club committee members.
- Have Evidence of or adopt a set of Club rules and be a constituted Club.
- Have Evidence of or adopt the relevant Club safeguarding policies.
- Have Evidence of or adopt an equality policy.
- Adoption of The Football Leadership diversity code.
- Adopt the Respect codes of conduct and implement The FA Respect activations relevant to our club
- Have a bank account in the Club’s name recommended for all Clubs and mandatory for Clubs with three or more teams
- Provide evidence of last season’s accounts if in existence for more than one season
- Have a good disciplinary record within the Respect disciplinary code (if in existence for more than one season).
- Youth teams to have at least one coach or manager with the Introduction to Coaching Football (I2CF) per team, with in-date Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAIF) and Safeguarding Children Course (SCC). A qualified coach or manager must be present at training and fixtures.
- Have a coach:player ratio of 1:16 or less.
- Complete the relevant Club development plan to support club development and sustainability.
- Confirm Club meetings that take place and make sure they are recorded. Copies of minutes are available upon request.
- Demonstrate that decisions made by the Club are informed by, and communicated to, it’s members
There is a DJFC club handbook available which contains summary information and details of codes of conduct, disciplinary procedures etc. This handbook is available to every member of the Club via this online link.
For more information on the Accredited Status, visit the FA dedicated webpage https://www.englandfootball.com/participate/leagues-and-clubs/england-football-accreditation